SO MUCH IS REQUIRED OF ELDERS AND SO LITTLE HELP IS GIVEN.
CHURCH ENCOURAGEMENT SERVICES OFFERS MUCH PRACTICAL SUPPORT
TO MEET THIS NEED. Following is a simple outline intended to be a window
into the comprehensive study that will follow.
1. Why the elders need help.
2. Elders and their Bible reading and study.
3. Elders and their prayer life.
4. Elders being led by the Holy Spirit.
6. Elders and their witnessing.
7. Elders and oversight (accountability vs., freedom)
8. Elders and love (in all things love) kind/gentle
9. Elders and the preacher:
a. They are a team
b. Share the blame
c. Taking down the barriers
d. Brag on/proud of/tell people – in the church – outside the church
e. They are friends/caring – who can the preacher talk to about his problems worries and concerns?
f. Encouraging each other
g. Supporting the preacher’s vision and leadership
h. Taking care of the preacher’s needs:
Finances, raises, vacations, blessings
Equipment – computer – etc.
Family, wife, kids
i. Study together– (Preacher prepare the agenda:)
*What builds and what destroys a marriage
*In All things love
*Being led by the Holy Spirit
*Job descriptions elder/preacher (check past elders agendas also manuscript)
j. Preacher chair the meeting
k, Handling criticism against each other.
l. Appreciating each others gifts & efforts.
m. praying together
10. Chain of command.
11. Disciple – handling problems.
12. Not drawing a line. Mistakes used as an opportunity to learn – do it better next time. Not making or keeping a list of wrongs.
DETAIL OF THIS LIST AND MUCH MORE IN FOLLOWING STUDIES.