There are at least 25 things connected with salvation in the New Testament. In the CES Seminar session “What Happened to the Good News?” I list these 25 different things related to the forgiveness of sins. It seems that one church or another has a tendency to emphasize one or two on that list and leave out the most important. EMPHASIZE JESUS. Also in that session I offer this little outline to help EMPHASIZE JESUS. I call it:
When Sharing God’s Plan of Salvation
1. BELIEVING Shows Jesus that you accept Him & His Word.
2. REPENTANCE Shows Jesus we are sorry for our sins.
3. CONFESSION Shows Jesus that we are not ashamed of Him.
4. BAPTISM Shows Jesus that we are ready to be obedient to Him.
IF YOU ONLY LOOK AT SCRIPTURE ON:
1. BELIEVING You’ll come to the conclusion that believing alone saves.
2.REPENTANCE You’ll come to the conclusion that repentance alone saves.
3. CONFESSION You’ll come to the conclusion that confession alone saves.
4. BAPTISM You’ll come to the conclusion that baptism alone saves.
My friend, JESUS SAVES!