The purpose of the church begins with two great commandments:
(1) Love God with all your heart soul mind & strength.
(2) Love your neighbor as you love yourself.
However, under these two primary commands come other instruction as to God’s priorities for His church.
(1) To Gorify God. Ephesians 1:6b -13b & 3:20 & 21
(2) To make disciples. Matthew 28:19
(3) To teach, equip, disciple and train those new disciples Matthew 28:20 – Ephesians 4:11 & 12
Getting sidetracked from God’s priorities and creating our own priorities is the primary reason 76 to 115 churches per week are closing down in America.
And conversely, returning to God’s priorities is the cause for new life in so many churches that had lost life.